Wednesday, 11 February 2015

ARDroneSDK 3 from Parrot - finally compiled!

Thanks to suggestion from darryljackman, I tried a different strategy.

The result is all ok for iOS as shown below.

But when I run "./ -t iOS", I always get first 3 failed and the others not built:

I then tried uninstall all tools (git, wget, automake, autoconf, libtool), and reinstall again but using brew.

This time, at least got first 2 working! The "ARSAL" one still failed...

I then check the log, and noticed it's hard coded somewhere and tried to find "ARSDKBuildUtils/Utils/m4/ARSDK.m4" (see green highlighted part), but my directory name is "ARSDKBuildUtils-master" (see red highlighted part) when downloaded from github, and I can see the "ARSDK.m4" file in there (see yellow highlighted part!

After renamed the directory name, yes! Finally got the whole thing compiled ok. That is definitely a lot of work and the SDK is really badly documented.....

[Update 25/Apr/2015]
Please see this post for info about compiling V3.1.0 version of the SDK in Xcode 6.3.1 and OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite.

[Update 04/Oct/2015]
Please see this post for info about failed experience with compiling V3.6 version of the SDK in OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite on new MacBook Pro with retina display.